Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jan 24, 2012 Elder Pollyanna


Elder Pollyanna

One of the 'blessings' of having Danielle as my sister is that I have watched the movie Pollyanna approximately 4 billion times. Somehow Danielle convinced my parents that this movie was appropriate for Sundays. So it became a weekly tradition. I think I can quote the movie from memory. The moral of the movie is that it is always better to look at what one can be 'glad' about.

New kid in town.
Syracuse is VERY beautiful. It is near Salt Lake and we have a nice view of the mountains. The people are very nice and the Lord has really been taking care of me.

Meets family for first time.
Elder Polendo is my new companion. Well I guess 4th time is the charm. I think that I have had more companions than my sister who has been out since September. Beating my sister in something is something to be 'glad' about!

Elder Polendo is a hard worker, quiet, and easy going. We work pretty good together and most importantly he is clean!

Makes new friends
We are opening up an area here that has not had missionaries for a while. It is hard work but very rewarding at times. I knocked on one door where the resident promptly told me she was Catholic and in no uncertain terms that she was not interested in our message. Well . . . we started talking about books. And to make a long story short, we were there for 3 hours talking before I left. We didn't leave any gospel message that time, but she asked us to come back again.

When we mentioned in Ward Correlation Meeting that we had met this family, everyone was really surprised. The Lord prepares his missionaries without them even knowing it.
Well that is about where the similarities come to an end. I haven't been climbing any trees. The outpouring of gifts . . . maybe all the food we get? One night we didn't have a dinner appointment but somehow we ended up at someone’s house who had made much more than they needed for some reason that night - The Lord takes care of us.

I hope you are all happy and healthy. Please remember the Missionaries everywhere in your prayers. This is truly the Lord's work.

Elder Ball

P.S. Don't forget Feb 14th is International Dear John Your Missionary day. (Just want you to keep that in mind)


No comments:

Post a Comment