Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feb 14. 2012 Elder Libre - Fighting the Good Fight


First a quick, small note . . . I GOT MY VISA!!!! So hold off on sending any letters to Ogden after today (Feb 14th). THANKS! LOVE YA! HAPPY IDJYMD (See Last Week's Email). 

And Now . . .

Elder Libre

Fighting the Good Fight

"I Wanna WIIIIINNNNNNNN!"

Nacho Libre quotes are one of the more popular conversations here in the Spanish part of the Ogden Mission. Things like "I Baptize you . . . Felicidades," and "I look hideous."

My companion just happened to have a Mexican Luchadores mask. So I decided to take a picture with it. I have been wanting to write about the Schedule of a Missionary for a while, so here is a day in the life of a Champion Fighter*.

6:30 - Wake up to the alarm on our cell phone. My companion showers first while I read True to the Faith. This is the time that I am supposed to be working out, but the neighbors downstairs don't like it when I jump rope.**

7:00 - Shower, every champion fighter needs to be looking his best, or else he can't 'flirt to convert.'

7:30 - I make myself some Blue Berry Pancakes from a mix. They are quick and taste pretty good. It's a hard life.

8:00 - Personal Study, I listened to some of the Book of Mormon is Spanish (Finished Yesterday) and watched a Church DVD on Temples.***

9:00 - Companion Study - Plan for 2 Lessons

10:15 - District Meeting. I find out Elder Monson went to the same high schools as a friend of mine from BYU. Small World. 

12:00 -Taco Bell. 2nd time ever being there, reminded why.****

1:00 - We visited referrals. No success. This is usually the slowest part of my day.

3:00 - One referral leads us to Charlene. She is a less active member who was at the house of a non member family. She invites us in and after chatting for a while she breaks down into tears. She asks us how we can be so strong in our testimonies. She makes the commitment to go to church on Sunday (She did) and we gave her some Champion advice.*****

4:00 - We go and visit another less active family from Argentina. Funniest family ever. The father isn't a member yet

5:15 - We arrive 15 minutes late to dinner at one of our Ward Mission Leaders Houses. He makes us Burgers. Which actually was a very refreshing change. 

6:10 - We arrive ten minutes late to a scheduled visit with a Less Active family. They haven't been going regularly since their daughter died years ago. I was able to relate to them the first visit and we have been making some pretty significant strides with them thus far.

7:20 - We arrive 20 minutes late* to a teaching appointment with the Ward Mission Leader. I LOVED teaching this family. Two young kids who REALLY want to be baptized. They ask about a billion questions. I need to learn how to teach little kids.**

8:30 - Go to the stake center to correlate with ward leaders.

9:00 - Back in the Apartment we plan for the next day.

9:30 - I wrote this in my journal while eating cookies a family had given us the day before.

10:30 - Crawl exhausted into bed. I have won the fight. 

ELDER BALL 1 WORLD 0

--

Elder Taylor Ball
Weekly Quote:
2 Tim 4: 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:


*Of course I am a Champion Fighter. 

**hehe I used to hear this thumping noise underneath me as I worked out. I thought it was just because the apartment was old. I was wrong.

***Got to be familiar with the resources at my disposal . . . right?? ;)

****Ok, not really all that bad, but I am eating REAL Mexican food every other night . . . Taco Bell? Well . . . My district wanted to go there. We usually go out to eat once a week after district meeting.

***** Having a Killer Awesome Testimony is all about doing the little things. Reading, Praying, and going to Church. It doesn't happen overnight.

* Funny how being late to one thing has a domino effect . . . 

** You would think with 8 kids in my family it would be SUPER easy. Wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment