Monday, April 30, 2012

Apr 30, 2012 SOUL WARS - May the 4th Be With You

Random Culture Note - The seasons are reversed here, so we are starting to head into Winter. (Does that count as culture? haha I don´t think so but oh well!)


Soul Wars
May the 4th Be With You

In honor of “May the 4th Be With You”, I thought it would be appropriate to explain how missionaries are basically Jedi Knights, but better.

Mind Trick - There are certain drinks here that I don´t really like.  So last week when someone put a glass filled with a certain drink, I didn´t drink any. I just waited until the very end of the meal when I switched glasses with my companion when no one was looking. He looked at it strangely and asked if he hadn´t drunk all of his drink. I had such a hard time not laughing. He drank it. I told him later that I switched it on him.

Almost Yoda - One of our investigators is about a billion years old. He has heard the discussions before, but is willing to listen to us. He always calls us ´jovenes´ (or young ones) and offers us advice that is confusing to say the least. He is pretty short too, but he isn´t green nor can he do back flips.

Use the Force - One of the amazing things on my mission is how I am so blessed food wise. Food, being very important to me, I think about it now and then. A few weeks after getting here, I started wishing for Salad, because Argentines don´t really eat much salad. BOOM next day I get salad. Last week I started thinking about cake. BOOM I had the Argentine equivalent of cake twice last week. And then last of all I was thinking of Panda Express, my favorite food. Last night we were at one of the house of one of the oldest members here. She just happens to be half Japanese and gave us Nipanyankis (okay probably not that, but I can´t remember what they are actually called, they were like cream puffs, except without the cream, and the dough was lemon flavored. But hey . . . Asian food!)

I am amazed at how the Lord has blessed me and how he makes me able to do hard things. I have done some other really cool things here on the mission, like playing the piano every week in front of 80 people every week, speaking in Spanish, and making omelets with just a fork.  Jedi.

And to help prove the point I have included a picture of me and my light saber. Except instead of a light saber I have a water bottle.  But it filters my water, so it’s almost as cool. Almost. (I know my face is dorky, just enjoy it and smile and laugh, the people passing by when I took this picture did).

Love you all! I hope you have a great week! I know I will!

--
*Elder Taylor Ball*

´´We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.´´ - Elder Richard G. Scott 

(Thanks Alex for sending me that quote! Love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment