Monday, June 4, 2012

2012-06-04 The Random Thought Train


RCN - Everything closes here from 1 to 4 for nap time. Jealous?

June 4th 2012 - A Random Train of Thought

I usually have a really clear idea about what I want to write for this week. This week . . . not so much. I guess we should both prepare for my random train of thought for the week.

This week we visited a kid who didn´t really want to talk with us. He was hiding behind a fridge in his yard. I noticed him so I walked over and asked him how he was doing. He said he didn´t have time to talk to us. My companion told him that I had something to show him. I looked at my companion blankly until I remembered the illustrated Book of Mormon in my backpack. I pulled that out and showed it to him and he began to take interest. I started to put it away and told him that we would have to talk about it later because he didn´t have time at the moment. He somehow made time for us.

We got really excited for him because at our next visit he was waiting for us, but the next visit he was crying and told us he didn´t want to talk with us. Sadly, this story is a good representation of most of the people we are teaching right now. We do our best to find someone to listen, they listen and get excited, and then something happens that keeps them from progressing. Sad, sad, sad.

But, Hey! I got chased by a duck a week ago! That was pretty unique. (I can just imagine how impressed you all are by that).

This week I did splits with an Elder who has a week here in the mission. It was nice to have a change and we worked well together. He is from Virginia, has a terrible accent, and a great attitude. He´ll do great here. It was funny to talk with him though; we talked a little about BYU, home, and dating. I think the d-word scared me into appreciating my mission more. I am glad to not have to worry about that for now.

Anyways we heard this week that we are getting 2 more Elders in the area so we have to look for a bigger apartment.

So this is the end of my train of thought. I think I will plan something out next time.

Pictures:

 - The Refrigerator yard.


- Me and a Bird that I passed by this morning


--
*Elder Taylor Ball*

Never give up, never surrender! - Galaxy Quest


No comments:

Post a Comment