Monday, July 30, 2012

2012-07-30 3 Spiritual Experiences I Had This Week


Random Culture Note - They have scones here!!!!!

3 Spiritual Experiences I had this Week

As I think about my letters (every blue moon when I have time to think) I realize that I don´t share nearly enough of my spiritual experiences. The mission is like a mine field in Africa, you almost can´t take a step without getting a life changing experience . . . except these are life changing experiences for the better.

One thing I really miss from home is late night doctrinal chats with my parents. I would come home late and almost always one of them would be in the front room reading something spiritual. Sometimes I would sit down and listen to them. One of the stories my dad told me made all the difference in a lesson I had with a less active ex bishop. I shared a scripture and a story about an ex missionary who made a mistake twice and felt he could not repent, but his bishop explained that the atonement is infinite and, when properly applied, covers mistakes like that. I was really surprised when the bishop started crying at the end of the lesson and shared what he needed to do. I know that we are prepared to serve a mission in ways we don´t even know.

While moving to the new pension, I had to repack and unpack everything. While moving my things, I found a plaque of my brother´s that he either gave me or I stole. (I can´t remember and it´s better to apologize then to ask?) The wonderful, amazing thing about this plaque is that it has the picture of my brother Adam on the back (see the first picture.) A day afterwards I went to my district leader’s area for a day. That day we went to contact a reference. The lady said that she had never before accepted visits from different churches before, but because she has recently lost two of her sons in less than a year she was feeling the need to know more. I was able to pull off my plaque and show her the picture of my brother and testify that I know that there is more after this life and that families can be together forever. There are no accidents in this work.

One of the best things about the mission is that my prayers have grown so much and I am listening more. I have started keeping a pen by my side every night when I pray and I make goals for the next day about what I will study and attitudes I will try and have throughout the day. One night this week I was upstairs alone looking at the beautiful picture of Jesus Christ we have in our pension. I held the painting in my hands and imagined having a personal interview with the Lord. I felt in that moment so much love from the Lord. I know that he is taking me and transforming me into a better servant. I know that this is his work and that I am where I need to be. Peace like that is worth any price.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Especially my Grandma Ball who celebrated her birthday last week! I love you Grandma!

*Elder Taylor Ball*


Brother's Missionary Name Plaque

Skyline

Elder Gillis and I made BBQ Chicken Pizza!!! 
Take that world!!! Me 1 World 0



No comments:

Post a Comment