Monday, October 8, 2012

2012-10-08 Random Thoughts Thrown Against the Wall


I love the idea that some people consider throwing blobs of paint against a wall as art. Using that mode of thinking, I hope that you consider this post as art, because I have some many thoughts swirling around my head that I just have to throw them out and watch them explode.



General Conference was amazing. When we got there, the signal wasn´t working for the English room, so we went into the general room just as they announced the change in ages of missionaries. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I feel as tickled as Jeffery R. Holland did in the press conference that explained the changes. The new ages are common sense and will make it so that more and more people will be able to make the decision to serve a mission. (More on that in a bit.) I also saw Elder Habel from my ward! Weird! We live a block apart and now meet here halfway around the world. He is doing well, a bit quiet, but I can tell that he is doing well as a missionary and as a leader in the mission.



My favorite talk in conference was by David Bednar talking about Testimony and Conversion. I have so much that I can work on! Wow I am just excited to be a missionary!



Girls serve missions! I remember when I was about 7, I said something really stupid. I was at a friend’s house and I said that the only reason girls serve missions is because they can´t get married. Right then my friend’s mom walked in, informed me that she served a mission and walked out of the room. Later my amazing sister told me that she wanted to serve a mission. I was initially opposed to the idea. But as I have watched her serve and sisters here in the mission, I know that they are an INCREDIBLE addition to every mission they serve in. They touch the hearts of people in ways that Elders cannot. They work harder and are more organized than many of us. I hope that every girl will seriously consider serving a mission. I have noticed an incredible spirit in my cousin´s wife who is an RM. I know that much of her spirituality came from her year and a half dedicated to spending God´s word. How amazing it would be to marry an RM!



Anyways . . . my week was good. I had some kids come up to me shouting ´´Cowboy´´ wanting to shake my hand. That made my week. We also found an amazing woman who was very interested in finding out more about what happens after death. Elder Ellsworth, my comp, is an AMAZING comp and we get along incredibly well. He is thoughtful and a hard worker. I am impressed by his ability to take on the language even though it is extremely difficult to learn a new language. Last week he directed a lesson for a recent convert and he always gives incredible contributions by teaching simple truths in lessons that I overlook. I am so blessed to work with amazing people.


Have a wonderful week! Remember to serve those around you!

*Elder Taylor Ball*

Elder Habel and I

My candy for conference and I

 Elder Ellsworth and I






1 comment:

  1. Can I just say, LOVE this!! :) Elder Ellsworth is my missionary!! :D He is the greatest man I know. Thank you so much for posting pictures! Take care of this special servant for me :)and p.s. I wont mind if you post more photos :)

    ReplyDelete