Monday, October 22, 2012

Oct 22, 2012 Life Experience Points +3


Life Experience Points +3


The great thing about the mission is that I am getting lots of life experience points. Life experience points are handy things that you save until you are old so you can tell the next generation tales of ´´when I was your age I . . . (add something ridiculously awesome)´´ So maybe when I get there, I will be telling them something like this:

Every mission has its given ravenous beasts. Missionaries in Africa have to fight back leopards, missionaries in the Philippians have to fight wild boars, and my missionary friend Elder Jellen has to fight away girls in New Jersey. I finally won my life experience point of having one of those adventures. Tuesday Elder Ellsworth and I were walking to a visit when a BIG dog started barking at me from behind a fence. Being a very mature person, my natural instinct is to make fun of the dog behind the fence because it can´t do anything. And then I get attacked from behind. A ravenous, 10 inch tall, black as night puppy starts going at my pant leg. I try and gently shake the thing off, and at first it works. But then it does it again. My comp does what any good companion would do and starts to laugh. I pull the puppy into the air and try and shake it off. When that doesn’t work I ask Elder Ellsworth to pry it off. He does and then the puppy starts to chase me. I started to run because I don't want to rip him off of my pants. Then I start feeling embarrassed from running from a puppy, so I stop and the puppy gets me again. Repeat the removing process and some kids grab the puppy and run away with it. Sorry mom if this experience gives you nightmares of your son in South America.

Wednesday while we were eating lunch the sister brought out some spicy peppers for us to eat with the food. I grabbed one and broke it up over my food. Later without thinking I touched my eye with the same hand that had been touching the pepper. It started to sting very badly. Later while trying to make it better I touch more of my eye and I couldn´t even open my eyes they hurt so bad. I washed it out and put a cold rag over it and soon was much better. Sadly that was the first time I realized that Pepper spray doesn't come from table pepper.

On Friday EVERYONE fudged us. We had nothing planned for the next 2 hours and it was in the middle of the very hot Argentine day. Even worse this was during the siesta, or Argentine nap time. I was very tempted to go to the church and wait in the shade until our next lesson. However, I made Elder Ellsworth think of someone to visit. We sat there for like 8 minutes while we tried to think of someone to visit, then he came up with a name of an old investigator that we were planning on visiting. We went and they accepted us very excitedly. They have a large family and the mother was so excited that she insisted we set up a Saturday visit so she could invite more of her family. Afterwards I told Elder Ellsworth that I was very inspired to let him decide where to go. He just laughed and shook his head. It´s sad how he doubts me.





 1 on the way to stake conference

2 Me with a force lightning ball . . . or having too much fun with the camera in the mirror.



3 WATERMELON!! A recent convert gave us some. SOOOOO good.

*Elder Taylor Ball*

No comments:

Post a Comment