Monday, January 14, 2013

Jan 13, 2013 Welcome to the Jungle!


Welcome to the Jungle!

Ok, so maybe that picture is a bit dramatic. But I was bored on my 8 hour bus ride to get to my area. Tartagal is a burning jungle! It has been raining a lot! I love the area! It is super cool. The members here help a lot and the Branch Mission Leader is super funny. Our first conversation consisted of him telling me I can’t be an effective missionary if I don't drink Coca Cola. Haha oh dear.

We had a baptism this week! Genesis is the nicest girl in the world! We didn't really need to teach her anything because she has been going to primary all her life. She is super smart though. We asked her to answer all the questions at the end of a pamphlet and she filled them all out super well!

 Like I said, Tartagal is like a Jungle. We aren’t very far away from Bolivia. The people here are very accepting. We found a former investigator. We started to teach her the first lesson when it became obvious that we weren’t teaching what she needed. She mentioned that she had been looking for the true church for a long time. So I asked her about that. She told us about an experience she had where she said that God showed her that our church was true. We then invited her to be baptized this coming Saturday. She accepted. I love Tartagal!


We played soccer this morning.  It was super hot, but very fun. I got my hair cut. Then I made pancakes on the pizza cooker I bought in my last area. So amazing!


Well .. . that’s a lot of pictures, but I am now in a place that has a lot quicker internet! I love it!!! Well I have to go out and work now, but I love you all! The Gospel is all about being truly, and completely happy! I love being a missionary!

*Elder Taylor Ball*

No comments:

Post a Comment