Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Feb 11, 2013 It's a great CRAZY life!


It´s a great CRAZY life!

I am amazed at how happy I am right now. I LOVE the mission. If I were right next to you, I would be shouting it in your ear, doing a jumping jack, and handing you copies of the Book of Mormon to hand out!

This week was the Baptism of Joaquin! He was super ready and I felt the spirit very strong in the baptism. It is such an important step in our lives to make a promise with God that, in turn, promises Eternal life if we keep our part of the agreement.

Our Branch Mission Leader is such an inspiration. He took the day off of work all of Friday to work with me last week, and this week he went we me all of Monday in the evening. On Sunday he came to church despite having a very injured leg, (And he lives VERY far away from the chapel) and gave an amazing class about leaving unrighteous traditions for the traditions of the Lord. The Gospel will change us if we let it!

I am trying to apply some advice that he gave me. He said to promise people amazing spiritual experiences that they have never had before. Sunday night we had a first lesson with the girlfriend of a member. We watched the Restoration. I LOVE that movie. She said afterwards that it was a very POWERFUL movie. I gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and promised her that if she read it, meditated about what it says, and prayed about it that the Lord would testify to her that it is true. We set a goal for her baptism for the second weekend of March. I hope she makes it!

Last night we were heading home when we decided to visit one last person on the way back. We visited a less active member who insisted that he didn´t need the church anymore. I shared part of D&C 59 and testified about the importance of the sacrament. He still was hesitant, but agreed to pray about it. So we felt the prompting to have him do the prayer there. We all prayed, and afterwards his whole attitude changed. The Spirit changes everything.

It is a wonderful, amazing, and even a crazy thing to be a missionary. But I can think of no better thing I could be doing with my life right now!


Have a wonderful week! Remember that Feb 14 is International Dear John your Elder Day!
--
*Elder Taylor Ball*





No comments:

Post a Comment