Monday, September 16, 2013

Sept 15, 2013 New members, cooking lessons, and weather turn arounds

You thought Utah weather was crazy.  This week started out about 100 degrees and ended in the 50s.  I’ve got a stuffy nose haha.  But it is nice because it is harder to sleep when it is so hot.

Our last baptism has been doing some missionary work.  He invited one of his friends (who is also his uncle . . . same age) to a piano class that I gave.  Super cool guy.  I think the third time I saw him, he told me that he wanted to be baptized.  He wanted to be baptized this Saturday, but I told him he had to go to church first haha.  It’s nice because this way they can read the Book of Mormon together. His parents watched the DVD we left with them, The Restoration.  The only problem was that they put it in English. . . sigh haha but we are going to go and talk with his family.

This Sunday was the ward Primary Program.  I had to sight read the music. . . . AHHHH did not go amazing.  Practice helps.  It was mostly good, but I freaked out with A Child’s Prayer.  Definitely a song that needs practice.  I have gotten much better at sight reading on my mission.  After the program, the director of the music went up to conduct the last song.  She looked at me and I shook my head.  I was burnt from playing.  I ended up playing half way through. 

This morning we taught a family how to make pancakes and chocolate chip cookies.  It was so funny to see their reactions to maple syrup.  

Attached is a picture of a popular flour brand here in Argentina.  I don’t think a lot of people would like it back home.


*Elder Taylor Ball*


No comments:

Post a Comment