Monday, October 21, 2013

Oct 21, 2013 Happy Mother’s Day in Argentina! (And everywhere else Happy 21st of October)

This week we had interviews with President Levrino.  It went by super quick.  The main theme was being obedient because we love God, and correcting with love.  It was very quick. I got my temple recommend renewed.  I am ready to go to the temple again.  (It´s been a while . . . )  After that I went on divisions with Elder Jones.  

Elder Jones is a fantastic missionary.  He is a workaholic who is super focused and determined.  I loved working with him.  I mentioned that after the mission I wanted to read a talk by Joseph Smith.  He just happened to have it on hand, and so I read it in 20 minutes.  I learned a lot about Joseph Smith´s character in the talk.  Something that I think would be impossible to recreate on film.  Leaving there was a deep doctrine talk that I saw in his apartment.  He told me I could take it, and I was super tempted, but I ended up saying no.  Plenty of time for that after the mission.

I had a weird dream about talking with an old man about coming back to the church.  I remember it because I was talking with him in English. (I am used to teaching in Spanish in my dreams).  I asked him if his home teachers visited him every month.  He said that they did, but that they didn´t do it because they cared about him, they only did it to complete their duty. I woke up and thought a lot about the dream.  I don´t usually remember my dreams.  I feel that is something I could work on.  It’s great that I am working so hard to help people get to the celestial kingdom, but I guess a lot of times I am doing it because it’s the right thing to do, and not so much because I want them to have their salvation.  Well . . . I guess I can add that to the list of things I am working on haha.

I think I drive a lot of my companions crazy when I change lessons last minute.  When I see a need, I like to go straight to it with the scriptures.  I found this scripture to share with a family.

D&C 78
 17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;

 18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.-- 

We need to be grateful for everything.  Especially for our trials.  Without them we could never receive our exaltation. It was a great week.  We ended it with a baptism.  I will send pictures next week!   

*Elder Taylor Ball*


No comments:

Post a Comment