Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct 28, 2013 This Halloween I am going to dress up like a missionary!

Vinagre Apples, Church Tours, and Interviews

I have a great recipe that you should never try.  Take green apples. and slice it super thin.  Then add salt and red wine vinagre.  And presto!  A recipe from my Chileno companion that makes me want to never eat apples ever again!  Yeah!!!

This week was great!  We have been talking a bunch about increasing church attendance.  A lot of missionaries caught the vision and had several more investigators at church.  We had 8, but 4 escaped before sacrament meeting.  So . . . we went afterwards to chat with them, but 8 investigators came to the classes!  

A returned missionary from Mendosa is helping us a lot.  In her mission they did a bunch of tours of the church.  So she invited another sister in the ward and they did church tours Saturday morning.  It was fantastic.  4 investigators came to church because of the activity.  Then the Bishop got very excited, so he had us and the sisters talk about it in church.

One of the cool things about being in Salta is that we get to interact more with President here.  Today my companion and I had interviews with him.  One of the things that he said was that we are not here to manipulate people, we are here to invite them with power.  

I am learning. The Book of Mormon is super powerful


I love you all!  Happy Halloween!

*Elder Taylor Ball*

Here is a picture of last week’s baptism.

Last week’s crazy rain shower.  We took of our shoes to cross the street.

And we played soccer this morning.  I did not play in church clothes, but this is us leaving afterwards

No comments:

Post a Comment